Friday, August 22, 2014
- A child-centered, time-tested philosophy
- An approach to education where each child works and is allowed to develop independently without having to keep pace with other students
- A classroom environment where teachers do not dominate the classroom, but act as gentle guides
- A place equipped with beautiful, hands-on materials designed to help children develop concentration
- A prepared classroom where students work in a variety of settings and contexts, working alone or with others
- A methodology that supports each child's unique development. This enables them to become self-motivated, independent learners
- A place where students are free to move about the classroom. Dr. Montessori believed movement and learning were rooted together
Excerpts from: Montessori Life: What Every Family Should Know About Montessori, Julie Bragdon, MEd
Submitted by: Donna Rockafellow
Posted by jgabrielse at 9:00 AM
Thursday, July 31, 2014
|Puzzle of the Taj Mahal|
|The Great Wall of China Puzzle|
|Scrubbing an Elephant|
|Pennies in an Elephant Bank|
|Painting a Koi Fish with Watercolors|
|Super Yummy Snack: Steamed Rice with Seaweed sprinkled on top|
Posted by jgabrielse at 8:51 AM
Friday, July 11, 2014
Monday, June 16, 2014
The first session of Summer Sunshine Camp is off to a great start.
June 16-27 the kids are learning all about Australia, from the Outback to the Great Barrier Reef.
The children will be hearing stories by Mem Fox, an Australian children's author; learning the parts of kangaroo; and going on a walkabout.
Want to know how your child can get in on the fun?
Call the TMA office to enroll--limited spaces available in sessions 1 & 4.
Posted by jgabrielse at 10:58 AM