Monday, October 19, 2015
Wednesday, October 14, 2015
Typically each year at "Back to School Night" the teachers pass around sign-up sheets for miscellaneous ways in which to help the classroom throughout the year. Classroom laundry is one of the ways in which families can help the classroom over the weekend. The request is minimal--wash and dry the laundry, if you feel so moved, you may fold it, but the children also love to fold it in class, so no pressure. While to a parent, this may not seem like a big deal, the children love to do this task for their classroom and are very excited when they get to carry out the laundry bag at dismissal.
Thank you to the family last week that documented this weekend practical life experience!
Monday, September 14, 2015
Monday, May 4, 2015
The students who participated in our school event Rock the Earth Sock Hop, helped plant seeds for our EC vegetable garden. First they filled a pot with soil and then chose which seeds they wanted to plant. Seed choices included tomatoes, broccoli, cucumber, lettuce, kale, carrots, and pumpkins. Then students watered their newly-planted seeds. The plants were distributed among the EC classrooms, so the children have the opportunity to water the plants daily and watch them grow. Later, the children will help transplant the starts into our garden. During the summer camps and in the fall, the children harvest the vegetables and eat them for snack.
Thursday, April 16, 2015
- Oil Pastels
- Coloring with crayons on a large piece of paper and then painting the paper with liquid watercolor to see the resist that is created
- Chalks on black paper
- Painting eggs with many types of paint (tye-dye and glitter, golden paint, and super shine, were all fun to work with)
- Collaging--this is very popular with our group this time
- Painting Eric Carle Style with tempera paints
- Water Color Crayons
- Different water color techniques are fun to do too.